Condition Monitoring Technician
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Condition Monitoring Technician for the Processing Department at the Superpit. This is a residential role on a 5/2:4/3 roster, working 9.5 hour days.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
The successful candidate will support the Processing maintenance management team through the acquisition, analysis and reporting of asset health data. Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer, he/she will play a key role in KCGM's predictive maintenance strategy and will support Production and Maintenance teams with technical expertise to ensure high reliability on critical fixed plant equipment.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively and accurately carry out routine condition monitoring tasks on all fixed plant equipment by On-line and Off-line data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools as per established schedules and plant requirements.
- Raise Notifications in Oracle for remedial action/repair options – track development
- Carry out extensive analysis on all data collected to diagnose machinery problems and recommend remedial measures and/or change-out in line with best practices
- Report significant changes in equipment condition to the Senior Reliability Engineer and provide timely reports for key stake holders.
- Record and maintain data integrity in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as Oracle, Flir and Emerson AMS Machinery Health Manager (MHM) and RBM View
- Maintain and monitor Critical Equipment Watch List generating all supporting reports
- Support the development of a continuous improvement culture by actively proposing improvements to enhance the reliability and availability of fixed plant equipment.
- Actively participate in Reliability Improvement Programmes, Defect Elimination (DE) and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCA) processes by assisting Reliability Engineers with technical reports and data as required.
- Maintain all condition monitoring tools and instruments as per the guidelines.
- Mentor and develop other Newmont employees on predictive maintenance techniques.
- Actively liaise with other team members to trouble shoot and solve equipment issues.
- Assist with improvements to strategies and procedures to ensure that asset health requirements are met for the ongoing safe reliable operation and maintenance of fixed plant equipment.
- Manage and maintain the site asset health programs.
- Constantly improve standard systems whilst implementing new methods to improve functionality of department to provide an efficient service to the customer
- Provide technical support to the Superintendents, Supervisors, Trades people and other maintenance personnel in the resolution of technical issues with equipment.
- Identify and manage external resources for the completion of condition monitoring works.
- Ensure contractors and consultants supervised by you are aware of and compliant with Newmont’s safety standards.
- Ensure required documentation is obtained from OEMs and contractors including but not limited to, reports, procedures, certificates of competency, licenses, permits, certificates of calibration or testing, (MSDS) etc.
- Review VA Acceptance and Alignment Reports in line with best practices
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in lubrication and condition monitoring
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- High level report writing skills and computer literacy with Microsoft Suite
- Specialized short courses on rotating equipment maintenance, condition monitoring and vibration analysis
- Hands on experience of data collection and vibration analysis utilizing portable analyzer's and online monitoring systems
- Proven mechanical maintenance / reliability based experience
- Significant experience in mining or heavy industries with experience in rotating equipment condition monitoring
- Previous use of safety and risk assessment tools such as Job Hazard Analysis and Take 5’s
- Confident using maintenance management systems including Oracle based program
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months
- Must reside in the Goldfields region
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience in a Fixed Plant Condition Monitoring role
- VCAT2 Certification
- Level 1 Thermography
- NDT Certification (MPI & UT)
- MLA/MLT Certification (ICML -Lubrication)
- Vibration Analysis – Level 2 (ISO Certification)
- Machine Lubricant Analyst Level II (ICML)
- Thermography – Level II
- Ultrasonic Testing Level 2
- Penetrant Testing AINDT Level 2 – or equivalent
- Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Rotating Machinery Balancing and Alignment
- Familiarity with the Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations
- Familiarity with relevant Australian Standards, and the Cyanide Code
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.