Project Exploration Geologist
To manage existing KCGM tenements, complete geological interpretations and design and supervise the execution of exploration programs / projects that add value to existing resources extending the KCGM Life of Mine.
The successful applicant will provide leadership through the coaching and mentoring of Exploration Geologists and Geotechnicians, and promote a positive workplace culture that reflects KCGM’s Values.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience as an Exploration Geologist.
- Tertiary qualification in Geology.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Experience with ArcGIS, Vulcan, Leapfrog and ioGAS software or equivalent programs.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent written (report writing) and verbal communication skills.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Mine Geologist.
- Experience in Achaean gold systems.
- Honours or Masters degree in Geology.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and annual bonus scheme.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.
Kalgoorlie Boulder has much to offer its community, and KCGM is proud to support the region by being a residential mine site.
Apart from being home every night, working for KCGM will also afford you membership to an active and inclusive Social Club and other positive activities that take place in the region.