Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Shotfirer to join the Mining Open Pits team in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This residential position is responsible for carrying out Open Pit charging and blasting activities safely and in accordance with the blast plan at our Fimiston Open pit.
This role involves working primarily in the Fimiston open pit, with regular office based tasks, working a 7:7 roster, 12 hour shifts.
- Minimum six (6) months experience on a blast crew as a Shotfirer in an Open Pit environment
- Current West Australian Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Current Working at Heights Certificate within two (2) years of age
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian 'MR’ class Drivers Licence, or above
- National Police Clearance less than 12 Months
- Must reside in the Goldfields region
- Current West Australian Shotfirers' Permit
- Completion of Year Twelve (12) Secondary Education
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.