The Dispatch Operator coordinates the optimisation of people and equipment involved in Load and Haul activities in the Fimiston Open Pit and surrounding waste dumps by efficiently integrating maintenance requirements with mining and operational requirements to achieve set production targets in a timely and safe manner according to KCGM policies, standards and procedures.
This role primarily involves working in an office based environment located on the pit edge. The position works on a continuous roster. It works within a high pressurized environment where incumbents in this role are expected to monitor the telephone, radio and dispatch system and deal with ad hoc duties. Incumbents in this role predominantly act as senior operators in supervisors or senior operators' absences and as such are expected to possess leadership qualities and competencies.
Incumbents in this role are expected to transfer within the various crews if required by Management.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience operating machinery in an open pit mining or quarry
- Excellent knowledge of load and haul process and good knowledge of overall mining sequence
- Ability to think strategically and to react appropriately to unplanned maintenance, manning or any other issues to ensure mining sequence and daily targets are adhered to as required
- Exposure to a range of workplace safety systems
- Intermediate computer literacy with ability to use integrated management systems, spreadsheet applications and word processing software
- Ability to influence team members actions by coaching and mentoring
- Must reside in the Goldfields region, or be willing to relocate
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “MR” Class Drivers Licence
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Leading hand experience in a similarly sized operation.
- Experience in dispatching in an open pit environment.
- Leadership / Supervisory Training.
- Conflict Management Training.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Kalgoorlie Boulder has much to offer its community, and KCGM is proud to support the region by being a residential mine site. Kalgoorlie-Boulder possesses a variety of excellent schooling options and other family opportunities, as well as many activities to do outside of work. Apart from being home every night, working for KCGM will also afford youmembership to an active and inclusive Social Club and other positive activities that take place in the region.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.