Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Production Scheduler for the Mining Open Pits Department at the Superpit. This is a residential role on a 8/6 roster, working 12 hour day shifts.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
The successful candidate will provide technical and scheduling support to Mining Operations to achieve the daily, monthly & annual Mine Plan. This role is expected to add value through identifying opportunities and developing new methodologies to achieve above target results. The role’s purpose is to coordinate the Planning activities with other stakeholders and ensure the mine plan is executed in a timely and safe manner within the guidelines of statutory requirements and KCGM standards.
Key accountabilities may include but are not limited to:
- Influences a broad range of stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient equipment utilization which is critical to the achievement of the Mining Operations and Maintenance Targets. This is achieved by working closely with the Open Pit Supervisors, Planning Engineers and Mobile Maintenance Supervisors.
- Contribute to the development of the fortnightly mine schedule in order to meet changing operational circumstances and requirements
- Support execution of the short to medium (< 3 months) mine plans and contribute to long term mine plans
- Where mining plan variances are identified, create and implement appropriate mitigation strategies. Contribute to the delivery of the monthly ore and waste targets.
- Ability to problem solve within broadly defined policies and objectives is essential
- Ability to develop new methodologies to contribute to the mining operation team goals
- Engaging peers and stakeholders in effective problem solving and planning
- Utilizing the appropriate systems to ensure processes are in place and are operating effectively in all areas of open pit mining operations.
- Liaise with Geotechnical Engineering team to ensure wall scaling and clean-ups completed to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Report relevant production & planning metrics to the Mine Operations Superintendent
- Identifying, and where relevant, undertaking Continuous Improvement projects to increase mining operations functions.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience including operation of machinery in an open pit mining or quarry environment.
- Strong understanding of mining sequence process and activities.
- Experience in performance management of team members enhancing team self-esteem with the ability to coach, mentor and influence others
- Must reside in the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance - valid within twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “MR” Class Drivers Licence
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
KCGM is a residential mine site and its employees and contractors are proud to be a part of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.