Underground Mobile Plant Mechanic
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking experienced Underground Mobile Plant Mechanics to join the Mining team at Mt Charlotte. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This residential role will be responsible for undertaking preventative and breakdown maintenance of the underground mobile plant fleet, ensuring maximum availability for production. There will be a 5:2 days/4:3 nights roster, as well as an even time 7 days / 7 off / 7 nights / 7 off roster available.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Complete scheduled maintenance of mobile plant to ensure availability of fleet, as indicated by the mining and maintenance schedules. The mobile plant fleet currently consists of Toyota Light Vehicle’s CAT/Elphinstone 2900 and 1700 Loaders; CAT 12G Grader, CAT Integrated Toolcarriers, Atlas Copco M7C & M2D/352 Twin Boom Jumbos, and Atlas Copco MT5010 & MT6020 Trucks.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical faults of mobile plant both in the workshop and in the field to ensure availability of mobile plant as defined in the mining schedule.
- Submit completed daily maintenance reports including, but not limited to, service reports, time sheets and down time sheets to ensure accurate reflection of mobile plant availability and maintenance service utilization.
- Maintain a hazard free repair bay and workshop by ensuring daily clean ups are conducted, in an attempt to reduce the number of hazards in the workplace.
- Communicate maintenance requirements to the Supervisor and or Maintenance Planner in a timely manner to ensure sufficient notice is provided for parts ordering.
- Australian-recognized Trade in Automotive Mechanical, Plant Mechanic or Heavy Duty Diesel Fitting
- Minimum five (5) years post trade experience in the heavy duty fitting field
- Minimum two (2) years heavy duty fitting experience in an underground mine
- Demonstration of Intermediate computer literacy skills, especially in Oracle/SAP and Excel
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months of age
- Must reside within the Goldfields region
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian Manual “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Nationally Accredited Forklift Licence.
- Elevated Work Platform Certificate.
- Dogging Certificate.
- Basic Rigging Certificate.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.