Environment Advisor (Fixed Term)
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor to join the Services Department at the Superpit operation in Kalgoorlie on a 12 month fixed term contract.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role on a 5:2/4:3 roster, working 9.5 hour days.
Reporting to the Environment Superintendent, this role is responsible for assisting in the delivery and maintenance of high quality monitoring, reports and management programmes for nominated environment portfolios. Work undertaken must meet the requirements and standards of KCGM, Joint Venture (JV) Owners, and community and/or government agencies.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Meet key performance indicators identified for your position based on environment portfolios being coordinated (may be subject to change) or individual development plans.
- Proactively encourage and participate in reporting of all events and hazards, review and monitor all event and hazard reports of relevant area and participate in investigations and complete follow up actions as required.
- Maintain and calibrate the environmental monitoring equipment to Australian or required internal Standards.
- Measure the performance of specified environment portfolios by implementing monitoring, reports and management programmes to ensure that the requirements of key stakeholders are met.
- Participate and Contribute to Services Department plans ensuring identified objectives and targets are completed meeting prescribed deadlines and timeframes.
- Ensure that documentation is developed and maintained for the KCGM Integrated Management System (KIMS) including the requirements of key stakeholders.
- Participate and contribute to the preparation of Operational and Capital budgets to assist in ensuring expenditure is managed to meet corporate requirements.
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with key stakeholders especially KCGM employees, consultants and contractors related to specified environment portfolios.
- Share the on-call responsibility with other Environment personnel.
- Comply with all reasonable and lawful instructions that are consistent with your contract of employment.
- Coordinate required Regulatory reporting (Eg: Annual Environment Reports, Annual Compliance Reporting) from the site to ensure legal compliance with compliance reporting schedules.
- Manage the legal register in consultation with Senior and Superintendent ensuring commitments and conditions are accurately entered and tasks are being undertaken as required to demonstrate compliance.
- Provide support to the Senior and Superintendent to prepare Regulatory Approvals and coordinate internal approvals requirements for site and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Coordinate Environmental Event Reporting, Inspections and Audit Programmes.
- Coordinate waste management at site including tracking required waste streams, point of contact for required waste contracts and providing advice on disposal as required.
- Coordinate and maintain KCGM spatial information using Geographical Information Systems, to ensure an accurate source of geographic data.
- Hold a Degree in Environmental Engineering, Science or equivalent.
- Several years of experience in an Environment role.
- Previous experience with Western Australian mining project approvals, land tenure and Part IV and V Environmental Protection Act processes.
- GIS proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self motivated with good time management skills.
- A high level of planning and analytical skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite and Database skills.
- Must reside locally in the Goldfields region.
- National Police Clearance (valid within last 12 months).
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Previous mining experience.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.