Mine Geologist - Open Pit
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Mine Geologist to join the Mine Technical Services & Projects team at the Superpit, Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
Working a residential, family friendly roster (9:5), the Mine Geologist is responsible for delivering the optimal ore grade to the Mineral Processing Plant, through accurate identification of mineralisation, delineation of ore blocks, and supervision of extraction to minimise dilution. This includes scheduling, supervision of RC drilling programs, modelling of the resulting data, and providing technical support to the operational team during mining.
- Tertiary qualification in Geology
- Two (2) years’ experience in an Open Pit mining environment
- One (1) years’ experience in Grade Control
- Underground experience is desired, but not essential.
- Experience with 3D mining software - eg Vulcan
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Must reside locally in the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian Manual “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Strong commitment to safety and a continuous improvement culture.
- Proactive in tasks that need to be completed with a strong work ethic.
- Able to take direction and learn quickly.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to manage a high workload within an often time restrictive setting.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.