Expressions of Interest - Utilities Technician
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) would like to open an Expressions of Interest for Utilities Technicians to join the Processing Department at the Superpit operation in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
KCGM's Utilities Technicians are on a 5 days, 2 off roster, working 10 hour days, and work across the Mt Charlotte, Gidji and Fimiston sites.
As a Utilities Technician you will undertake daily general plant activities in the Fimiston Mineral Processing Plant and Mt Charlotte and Gidji operations to ensure a high level of housekeeping and shutdown preparation to contribute to meeting shutdown schedules and supporting the optimum recovery of gold, safely and efficiently.
This could include, but is not limited to
- Undertake replenishment of reagent stocks to ensure continuous supply to the Mineral Processing Plant for optimum gold recovery.
- Complete the cleaning of the Mount Charlotte, Fimiston and CIL tanks, and Gidji operation in order to prepare the Mineral Processing Plant for planned shut-down tasks to be conducted by Process Technicians and Maintenance personnel.
- Undertake Shutdown Isolation Preparation cleaning of chutes, hoppers, cells and launders to ensure shutdown Maintenance tasks are ready for inspections.
- Conduct clean out of CIL Tanks to ensure draining and hosing of the remaining slurry contents is conducted in readiness for Maintenance inspections.
- Set up mobile compressors for plant air outlets and mobile pumps as required in bunded areas and sumps wells and conduct regular daily operational checks to ensure continual supply.
- Undertake evacuation of rubbish and hydro-carbon receptacles to ensure cleanliness of plant is maintained.
- Provide input to regular revisions of Standard Operating Procedures to assist in ensuring they are reflective of required work to be performed.
- Previous mine-site experience beneficial
- Current Working at Heights and Confined Space tickets
- High Risk Licences (LF, LS, WP) highly regarded
- Demonstrate a strong safety and work ethic
- Reliable and enthusiastic
- Developed written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Must reside locally within the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Hold a current Unencumbered West Australian "C" Class Drivers Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.