Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join the Mine Technical Services & Projects team in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This residential role will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of effective and safe production related Open Pit Geotechnical services, to ensure the safe achievement of budget and Life of Mine (LOM) targets.
This role involves working primarily in an office based environment at KCGM's Fimiston site on a day roster. Regular field work and in-field support will be required as part of the role.
Key Accountabilities may include:
- Implement the Fimiston slope monitoring program to supply timely information and advice to all working teams in the mine areas on slope movement.
- Complete daily Geotechnical inspections and reporting of the open pit mining areas, to ensure and maintain productivity and safety of employees and contractors.
- Prepare Geotechnical designs and implement via contractors, the ground support required to ensure rock face stability, to enable the steepest most productive slope possible that is also safe to operate.
- Conduct Geotechnical project work as required to ensure continuous improvement with respect to Geotechnical activities.
- Assist in developing the life of mine geotechnical designs for the open pit, to contribute to long term mine plans.
- A tertiary qualification (minimum degree level) in Mine Engineering / Geology with appropriate Geotechnical experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a hard rock mining environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a Geotechnical Engineering role.
- A high level of computer literacy and experience in Geotechnical software packages.
- Must reside within the Goldfields region.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- One (1) year experience in a geotechnical engineering role in an open pit gold mine.
- Completed or working towards post graduate studies in the Geotechnical areas e.g. rock mechanics.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. The base salary for this position is dependent upon experience, with a range of $110,000-$145,000. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.