Underground Shift Supervisor
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Underground Shift Supervisor for the Mining Underground Department at the Mt Charlotte Operation. This is a residential role on a 5/2 dayshift :4/3 night shift roster.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
The successful candidate will supervise underground production and development personnel and activities to ensure that all targets are achieved in a coordinated, cost effective, timely and safe manner.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee safety practices and participate in safety investigations to ensure site safety policies and procedures are adhered to and all risks associated with the working environment of Mt Charlotte employees and contractors is minimized.
- Fulfil legislative requirements expected of an Underground Shift Supervisor under the Mine Safety Inspection Act (1994) and Regulations (1995)
- Coordinate and assign the daily activities of all underground production and development personnel to ensure production targets are achieved in a safe and efficient manner
- Report significant changes or events to any process or activity to the Mt Charlotte Technical staff to ensure all key stakeholders are appropriately informed.
- Identify and facilitate training opportunities for underground employees to ensure they are competent in their assigned tasks and to assist with succession planning.
- A minimum five (5) years underground mining experience
- A minimum two (2) years experience in a supervisory role in a similarly sized operation or at foreman level within a larger operation
- Demonstrated ability to react and diagnose problems to accurately identify and implement potential solutions in a timely manner
- Highly developed interpersonal skills enabling liaison at all levels of the underground operation
- Experience in coaching and performance management of team members to enhance team effectiveness
- West Australian Shift Supervisors Certificate of Competency
- Dangerous Goods Clearance Card
- First Aid Certificate
- Must reside in the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance less than twelve (12) months old
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Formal leadership / supervisory qualifications
- West Australian Shotfirer’s Ticket.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Annual Incentive Scheme.
KCGM is a residential mine site and its employees and contractors are proud to be a part of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.