Underground Miner 1 - Jumbo/Bogger/Charge Up/Service Crew
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking experienced underground all rounders to join the Mining Mt Charlotte Department at the Superpit operation in Kalgoorlie.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role based on a 5:2 Dayshift, 4:3 Nightshift roster, working 10 hour shifts. (please note, changes to roster may occur).
This position will see you operating a variety of mobile plant and machinery over several different areas underground, for example truck, nipper, service crew, charge up, to bogger and jumbo, establishing and maintaining underground services, as well as provide generic labouring assistance to ensure production targets are achieved safely and efficiently.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience in an underground Mining environment
- Minimum five (5) years operating Jumbos, Boggers and Charge Up
- Experience operating Underground Trucks and nippering, plus service crew
- Current Dangerous Goods Security Card
- WA Shotfirers Permit
- Strong safety focus and excellent work ethic
- Western Australian Underground Supervisors Certificate of competency highly regarded
- Must reside locally within the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance (valid within the last 12 months)
- Current unencumbered Western Australian "MR" or above Class Drivers Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.