Underground Miner 2 - Charge Up
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Charge Up Operator for the Mt Charlotte underground operation in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role on a 5:2 dayshift/4:3 nightshift roster, working 10 hour shifts.
This position will see you carrying out underground charging and blasting activities safely and in accordance with the blast plan.
This position is ideal for someone who has not only completed their charge up-time, but also operated a variety of underground equipment (eg: trucks, nipper), and are happy to operate a variety of equipment, depending on operational requirements.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working underground carrying out development charging and blasting activities
- Long Hole Stope charging and Programmable Detonators experience essential
- Dangerous Goods Security Card (Current)
- Western Australian Shotfirer’s Ticket (Current)
- High risk licences beneficial
- Must reside in the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance less than 12 months old
- Current unencumbered Western Australian "C" Class Drivers Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.