Underground Mine Superintendent
We have a residential opportunity based at KCGM's Mt Charlotte Mine in Kalgoorlie. The purpose of the Underground Mine Superintendent role is to efficiently manage and lead the Mt Charlotte underground production and technical services to ensure that all targets are achieved in a coordinated, cost effective, timely and safe manner.Key Accountabilities include:
- Develop and monitor strategic plans, Life of Mine (LOM) contributions and operating/capital/resourcing budgets to ensure continual development of Mt Charlotte and an increase in production efficiency.
- Leading the preparation of Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs) to justify operating and capital expenditure required to sustain and increase Mt Charlotte’s productivity and to gain approval from the Joint Venture representatives.
- Review and report daily, weekly, monthly on the production performance of the Mt Charlotte underground operation to the Mine Manager to ensure that the General Manager, Joint Venture representatives and other key internal stakeholders are appropriately informed.
- Provide leadership through coaching, mentoring and developmental activities to members of Mt Charlotte driving a positive workplace culture that reflects KCGM’s Core Values.
- A minimum of ten (10) years underground mining experience, including at least five (5) years at middle management in a similarly sized operation or a senior leadership level within a larger operation
- Current unencumbered West Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Current unrestricted First Class Managers Certificate of Competency
- Experience in budgeting, financial analysis, cost management and contract management
- Experience in performance management of team members enhancing team self esteem using ability to coach, mentor and influence others and ability to build a strong performing team
- Excellent understanding of mining law and industrial relations
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose problems and identify potential solutions by strategically thinking
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months
- Unencumbered Western Australian "C" class licence.
- High level of understanding of mine operations and planning applications and the ability to use integrated management systems, spreadsheet applications, word processing, and presentation programs.
- Formal leadership / management qualifications.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Incentive Compensation Plan.
KCGM is a residential mine site and its employees and contractors are proud to be a part of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.