Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Dispatch Supervisor to join the Open Pit Mining Department at the Superpit in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
In this role you will efficiently direct and monitor Load and Haul activities in the Fimiston Open Pit and surrounding waste dumps to ensure that production targets are achieved in a timely and safe manner within the guidelines of statutory requirements and KCGM standards.
Some Key Accountabilities:
- Monitoring Dispatch to ensure that people and equipment are optimally utilised to achieve daily targets whilst also ensuring that mining areas and activities are set up for the following crew to enable achievement of their shift targets
- Monitoring sequence of mining activities and as required liaising with Geology, Drill and Blast and Crusher, to ensure ore is being hauled and stockpiled as scheduled and to KCGM Standards to achieve set daily production targets
- Ensuring daily reporting of significant changes to any process or activity in Load and Haul and of any issues from other areas that may affect movement of tonnes so the Shift Supervisor is appropriately informed and can action changes if required.
- Informing the relevant Supervisors of performance issues and overall performance and training needs of load and haul employees to enable performance management, identification of developmental and training opportunities and conducting of performance reviews to maintain and improve performance and to drive a positive workplace culture that reflects KCGM’s Core Values.
- Facilitate and lead effective pre-start meetings by providing clear and relevant information, including effective participation in handovers with outgoing and incoming peers
- Delivery on 12-hour plan and contribution towards 24-hour plan
- Engage crew members in effective problem solving, to help identify opportunities
- Monitor leave taken by the crew and manage requests in accordance with the direction set by the Superintendent
- Team effectiveness of crew (i.e. managing interpersonal dynamics within crew, and ensuring crew interacts effectively with other crews and business partners)
- Maintain and operating within the Operational Strategy (Shovel Usage, Dump Usage, Trucking Usage)
- Maintenance Veto Rights - the ability to say no to schedule maintenance for equipment based on production requirements
- OEM Monitoring compliance to Maintain Fleet
- A minimum of five (5) years experience including operation of machinery in an open pit mining or quarry environment.
- Strong understanding of mining sequence process and activities.
- Dispatching experience.
- Experience in performance management of team members enhancing team self esteem with the ability to coach, mentor and influence others
- Must reside in the Goldfields region
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “MR” Class Drivers Licence
- Intermediate computer literacy with ability to use integrated management systems, spreadsheet applications and word processing software
- Exposure to a range of workplace safety systems
- Leadership and Supervisory Training
- Conflict Management Training
- Current Quarry Managers Certificate
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Goldcorp Australia; Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont Goldcorp is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.