Expressions of Interest - Shotfirer
This EOI Talent Pool is for incumbents who want to express their interest in our Shotfiring positions within the Superpit.
KCGM Shotfirer’s carry out the Open Pit charging and blasting activities for our Mining Department, and are responsible for the safe assembly, positioning and detonating of explosives in accordance with our safety regulations and blast plans.
The successful applicants will enjoy a busy, physical outdoor position, and enjoy our family friendly roster, great team environment and will gain skills and abilities to diversify within a global company.
- Minimum two (2) years experience on a blast crew as a Shotfirer in an Open Pit environment
- Current West Australian Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Strong commitment to safety and a continuous improvement culture
- Positive attitude, with ability to work well in a team environment
- Current Working at Heights card - valid within two (2) years
- Ability to work physically in outdoors environments
- Must reside within the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current unencumbered West Australian 'MR’ class, or above, Drivers' Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Kalgoorlie Boulder has much to offer its community, and KCGM is proud to support the region by being a residential mine site.
Kalgoorlie possesses a variety of excellent schooling options and other family opportunities, as well as many activities to do outside of work.
Apart from being home every night, working for KCGM will also afford you membership to an active and inclusive Social Club and other positive activities that take place in the region.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.
*Due to the large volume of applications, only those shortlisted for this position may be contacted when a position arises.