Executive Assistant (Fixed Term)
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to join the dynamic leadership team at KCGM. This residential position is 12 month Fixed Term, and will be on a week-day roster of 5:2, 4:3.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
Reporting to the General Manager (GM), this pivotal position is responsible for a high standard of organisational support, event and activity planning and active engagement with the KCGM Senior Leadership Team (SLT) whilst ensuring a professional office is maintained at all times. Exciting opportunities to advance career and skills through exposure to leadership programs, involvement in communications with various key stakeholders internally and externally and being an influential position that coordinates and collaborates with the administration team across site.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the GM’s daily, weekly and monthly diary, including prioritization of key events and activities, communications and visitors whilst ensuring that all telephone calls, enquiries and requests are screened appropriately and prioritized appropriately.
- Establish relationships with Government and Community offices, including committees to which the GM belongs, to be able to effectively communicate on behalf of the GM.
- Prepare accurate and timely documentation such as project plans, reports, itineraries, run sheets and external submissions.
- Communicate and liaise with employees at all levels, Business Partners, Joint-Venture owners and key external stakeholders, to ensure relevant information is provided in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and organize high level visits to site ensuring a high level of professionalism at all times to ensure KCGM maintains a highly positive reputable image.
- Post-secondary qualifications in business studies or significant practical experience to an equivalent level.
- Minimum of 5 years in an administrative / secretarial role, with at least 2 years at a senior level.
- Significant experience and demonstrated ability at an advanced level in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build positive rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organised and detail orientated, with the ability to effectively prioritise and coordinate a busy schedule in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven experience in managing projects and planning events.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Flexibility to work outside standard office hours subject to work demands.
- Previous experience in the mining industry advantageous.
- Ability to think strategically and commercially, approach solutions creatively and consider organisation-wide impacts.
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last three (3) months.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.