Underground Electrical & Fixed Plant Supervisor
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Electrical & Fixed Plant Supervisor for the Mining Underground Department at the Mt Charlotte operation. This is a residential role on a 5/2:4/3 roster, working 9.5 hour days.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
The successful candidate will efficiently manage and coordinate all electrical and fixed plant activities to ensure availability and reliability are maximized for KCGM’s underground operation, Mt Charlotte. The range of electrical and fixed plant equipment includes, but is not limited to, underground fixed plant, ventilation, pumps, power reticulation systems, winder and communication systems.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and monitor the workplace rehabilitation of any injured employee within their department/under their control.
- Assign and monitor the daily activities of electrical and fixed plant maintenance technicians to meet production priorities.
- Provide leadership through coaching, mentoring and support for developmental and training activities to electrical and fixed plant maintenance technicians to drive a positive workplace culture that reflects KCGM’s Core Values and ensures incumbents are competent in their assigned tasks.
- Ensure that all work carried out in relation to electrical equipment is supervised and installed, tested and maintained in a safe working condition in accordance with KCGM safety standards and legislative and statutory requirements.
- Maintain the electrical, winder engine and winder rope log books so that all information that is required is recorded correctly to ensure compliance with the Mines Safety and Regulations Act.
- Report any significant occurrences to the Mt Charlotte Superintendent that may have the ability to affect production and / or regulatory requirements to ensure legal compliance is adhered to and maximise production.
- Liaise with Production Engineers to ensure production and electrical / fixed plant maintenance priorities are aligned to ensure Mt Charlotte meets budget and forecast targets to achieve the operational plan.
- West Australian “A” Grade Electrical Worker’s Licence endorsed “electrical fitter and electrical mechanic” issued under the Electricity (Licensing) Regulations 1991.
- Minimum of eight (8) years underground mining experience
- Minimum of three (3) years at a supervisory level
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose problems and identify potential solutions by thinking out side of the box delivering alternative outcomes.
- Experience in the development of team members enhancing team self esteem with proven ability to coach, mentor and influence others.
- Experience in the preparation of maintenance budgets, input into operational budgets and cost management.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills enabling liaison at all levels of the organisation
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- First Aid Certificate
- Must reside within the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate to Kalgoorlie
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Ability to use integrated management systems, spreadsheet applications, and word processing programs.
- High Voltage Ticket.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.