Underground Miner 2 - Surface Coordinator
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Surface Coordinator for the Mt Charlotte underground operation in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role on a 7:7 roster, working 12 hour shifts on day and night shift.
This position will see you operating Mt Charlotte's Cassidy shaft winder for the purpose of a second means of Egress for Mt Charlotte Operations and access to dewatering system and shaft infrastructure only accessible via the shaft.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the Shaft Winder and associated activities in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements and company policies, procedures and standards, to ensure that legal compliance is met and joint venture owner compliance is maintained.
- Assist with the emergency first response process if an emergency occurs at Mt Charlotte by coordinating shaft winder activities and provide assistance to the Emergency Response Coordinator as required.
- Monitoring of shaft winder maintenance and safety practices and procedures and ensuring completion of Job Hazard Analysis’s (JHAs) where required to minimise the risk associated with the working environment of Mt Charlotte Cassidy shaft winder to employees and contractors and to comply with statutory obligations.
- Provide assistance for planned and unplanned shaft winder maintenance and other activities as required, liaising with Maintenance and Mt Charlotte personnel to ensure activities can be completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining stores at Mt Charlotte offices including daily stock counts and daily housekeeping to maintain a well organised working environment.
- Actively demonstrate the operation of all environmental, safety and security measures within the stores for the protection of all staff, the environment, and the security of company assets and consumables.
- Western Australian Winding Engine Drivers Certificate of Competency
- Relevant underground experience in a similar role
- Ability to coordinate hoisting operation to ensure optimum performance and minimum downtime
- Ability to effectively carry out Emergency Procedures as directed
- High Risk Forklift Licence
- Must reside in the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance less than 6 months old
- Current unencumbered Western Australian "C" Class Drivers Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.