Electrical Project Engineer
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking a Project Engineer (Electrical) to join the Technical Services & Projects team in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
Our mission within the projects department is to add value to KCGM by executing capital projects safely and professionally. With an exciting pipeline of projects being executed; if successful you will join a high performance team that is committed and passionate.
This role will be responsible for the end to end execution and management of multidisciplinary projects, from initial concept development and feasibility analysis, through to construction, commissioning and final handover. In addition, you will be expected to ensure all design work conforms to relevant statutory standards and specifications through engaging relevant external or internal technical and engineering specialists.
This residential role is a 5 on 2 off / 4 on 3 off fortnightly day roster, working 9.5 hour days.
Key Accountabilities may include:
- Effectively and professionally manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare capital expenditure requests, conceptual designs, technical feasibility studies and budget estimations for proposed projects.
- Perform technical, engineering, inspection, scheduling, planning, procurement and quality control functions for assigned projects.
- Assisting in the tendering process by developing tender lists, evaluating tenders, budgets, time and preparing the recommendations to award contracts.
- Control, coordinate and administer all engineering and construction activities in accordance with plans, designs, controls, budgets, documentation, vendors and technical specifications.
- Manage the project workload; to ensure projects are delivered on time and in budget to the KCGM and Australian Standards, achieving the intended scope within project tolerances.
- Ability to manage multiple large or small Capex projects simultaneously at all project stages.
- Ensure activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s safety, quality assurance & environmental management systems.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a similar role within the resources sector.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or formal project management qualification.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills enabling liaison at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify potential solutions by thinking outside of the box delivering alternative outcomes.
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months of age.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers License.
- Must reside locally in the Goldfields region or be willing to relocate.
- Passionate about safety, teamwork, honesty, integrity and results driven.
- Experience in a mineral processing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Project Delivery life cycle.
- Experience in working within a capital projects team.
- Familiarity with relevant Australian Standards, Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations (MSIR).
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.