Open Pit Mine Geologist
Working a residential, family friendly roster (9:5), the Open Pit Mine Geologist is responsible for delivering the optimal ore grade to the Mineral Processing Plant, through accurate identification of mineralisation, delineation of ore blocks, and supervision of extraction to minimise dilution. This includes scheduling, supervision of RC drilling programs, modelling of the resulting data, and providing technical support to the operational team during mining.
- Tertiary qualification in Geology
- Recent Geology graduates looking to start their career in the mining industry are encouraged to apply
- Experience in an Open Pit mining environment, preferred
- Experience with 3D mining software, preferred
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Sound problem solving ability
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Light Rigid or Heavy Rigid licence is preferred, or ability to obtain if successful
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
KCGM is a residential mine site and its employees and contractors are proud to be a part of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.