Process Instrumentation Advisor
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Instrument Technician to join the Fimiston Processing team in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation, and is a residential mine-site.
The Process Instrumentation Advisor is responsible for maintaining and optimizing the process department’s instrumentation systems, so that a high level of data integrity and plant availability is maintained.
This residential role will be on a 5:2/4:3 roster, working 9.5 hour days.
Key accountabilities may include:
- On-going improvement of the ore processing facility.
- Providing support to continuous improvement projects within the ore processing department.
- Monitor and control overhead charges (consultants, contractors and instrument specialists).
- Report and provide detailed submissions on variance to management and identify improvement opportunities.
- Be accountable for approval of purchases and expenditure within the delegated limits of authority.
- Promote and adhere to KCGM internal methodologies, policies, procedures and standards by consistently maintaining a high quality of work across all allocated functions.
- Interpret legislation, government standards and agreements. Provide input / informed commentary, improvement opportunities and areas of risk to management.
- Be accountable for the quality of instrumentation work output through an ongoing monitoring and audit process.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company standards through training and development of staff and promoting by example.
- Ensure that all reporting required meets KCGM standards and is completed and distributed on time.
- Other relevant duties, as required.
- Tertiary Qualification – Diploma or Degree in Control System Engineering or related discipline, OR Electrical / Instrumentation Australian Trade Certificate
- Excellent communication and team based skills
- Knowledge of current leading industry best practises for instrumentation
- Knowledge of modern instrumentation and wiring design tools
- Knowledge of industry standards
- 8 to 10 years recent instrumentation experience across both an operational and design role (preferably within the mining industry)
- Process Control System familiarity
- Advanced PC skills and computer literacy
- Must reside within the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance (valid within last 12 months)
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in gold or base metals and milling operations
- Extensive experience operating Process Control Systems
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.