Business Assistant (Fixed Term)
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Business Assistant to join the Underground Mining team in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This residential 5:2/4:3 role will be responsible for providing Administration and general office services to the fast-paced Mt Charlotte Underground Operations team.
This role is fixed term and is expected to end in December 2019.
Key Accountabilities may include:
- Undertake miscellaneous administrative duties, including but not limited to; photocopying, inward/outward mail, faxing, word processing and maintenance of the Mt Charlotte Superintendent's filing system.
- Collate process and present prescribed data from underground personnel and online systems; to ensure legislative requirements are maintained as well as providing a ready source of information for subsequent analysis. Data will include, but is not limited to, underground production and efficiency reports, production tracking sheets, Mt Charlotte end of month reports, employee & contractor time sheets, equipment plods and personnel plods.
- Undertake the pre-commencement check process for contractors requiring access to KCGM's lease, to ensure site security and employee welfare requirements are met.
- Maintain site database systems and software, associated with Mt Charlotte employees and contractors, to ensure ongoing availability of Information System Access and attainment of site induction requirements.
- Maintain office supplies and coordinate office equipment maintenance to ensure availability of resources for subsequent usage.
- Assist with ordering of goods and services through EMPAC as well as external suppliers to ensure timely resource availability.
- Support the raising of purchase orders and receipting of invoices, to ensure required goods are ordered, received and payment made for subsequent usage by the operation.
- Minimum typing speed of 40WPM.
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office Software.
- Proven organisational and planning abilities.
- Ability to work extremely well under pressure.
- Two (2) years office based administration experience.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Completion of year twelve (12) Secondary School.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Must reside in the Goldfields region.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in an administrative role with the resource industry.
- Exposure to EMPAC or similar supply based software.
- Elementary understanding of underground mining processes and equipment.
- Tertiary education in Business Administration.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.