Maintenance Technician - Fitter
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking experienced fixed plant fitters to join the Processing Department at the Superpit in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role on a 5/2 roster.
This opportunity will see you carrying out preventative, planned and breakdown mechanical maintenance for the KCGM Fimiston and Gidji circuits to ensure optimum operating conditions are achieved, with ongoing efficiency and reliability.
- Nationally Accredited Trades Certificate in Mechanical Fitting and/or Fitter Machining
- Minimum of two (2) years mechanical maintenance experience – Mine site-based beneficial
- High Risk Work Licences (eg LF, WP, DG, RA)
- Confined Space and Working at Heights qualifications - valid within the last two (2) years
- Demonstrated intermediate level of computer literacy
- Must reside within the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Manual Drivers Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.