Light Vehicle Mechanic
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Light Vehicle Mechanic to join the Mining Department at the Superpit mine in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
The purpose of this role is to perform preventative and break-down maintenance on Company light vehicles (LV) and lighting plants to ensure planned maintenance and operations based activities are followed to meet site operational plans, targets and objectives.
This is a residential role on a 5/2 roster.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Undertake service, maintenance repairs and statutory inspections of light vehicles and lighting plants to ensure these fleets are available and reliable for operations as required.
- Ensure appropriate safety procedures are adhered to prior to undertaking work orders to ensure tasks are conducted in a safe and efficient manner. Safety procedures include but are not limited to, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and work permits.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Apprentices to assist in their development in their chosen career.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job.
- Liaise with the LV Coordinator to ensure required parts are available as required and tasks identified are captured in the planning process.
- Complete daily timesheets and add any essential comments, drawing or photographs.
- Deliver and pickup vehicles from external repairers and conduct QA/QC inspections.
- Trade certificate in Automotive Mechanics or higher.
- Minimum of three (3) years post trade diesel or light vehicle mechanic experience.
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise break down work.
- Good customer services skills.
- Must reside within the Goldfields region.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Intermediate level computer literacy
- Previous experience with lighting towers, light vehicle and light truck (Isuzu) maintenance.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.