Crew Trainer (Maintenance)
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking a Maintenance Crew Trainer to join the Processing team in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This residential role will be responsible for coordinating and delivering site and area specific training, including on-line and face to face facilitation to ensure personnel are appropriately trained and up skilled to the correct level in order to complete all required tasks of their position in a safe and efficient manner.
This role involves working primarily in an office based environment at KCGM's Fimiston site on a day roster. Regular field work and in-field support will be required as part of the role.
Key Accountabilities may include:
- Support development of area competency based training and assessment for crews.
- Facilitate and support site mandatory training.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and support face-to-face area specific training and compliance including, relevant licensing, obtainment (if required), recording keeping and monitoring.
- Conduct area competency assessments.
- Maintain training records to ensure accurate record keeping and document control.
- Provide crew compliance reporting as required by Supervisors and Superintendent.
- Support shut down training where applicable in conjunction with other departments.
- Where applicable monitor the area training budget in order to provide accurate updates to the Superintendent
- Assist with invoice and reconcile payments made to external training service providers to ensure accurate representation of training costs.
- Assist in the creation, review and modification of work instructions and procedures.
- For areas that have Apprentices support relevant Supervisor with Apprentice performance reviews and assisting with offsite training and work placement of maintenance Apprentices.
- Liaison with Registered Training Organizations and KCGM for external training enrolments required by the area.
- Conduct relevant area orientations for all contractors and new employees.
- Minimum two (2) years practical experience as either a Trainer or Operator in relevant area.
- An understanding of maintenance and operational strategies and how personnel can impact operational performance
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a changing workload.
- Excellent Computer Literacy to enable record management utilising Microsoft and site specific programs.
- Minimum qualification of Enterprise Trainer Skill Set (TAESS00004).
- Confined Space Ticket.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Working at Heights.
- Must reside within the Goldfields region.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Two years’ experience as a Trainer in either the resources or construction industry.
- Experience in the facilitation of training material.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Relevant High Risk and equipment licences, or proof of competency.
- Experience with document writing including procedures and creation of work instructions.
- Experience in a maintenance, operational and/or reliability role dependent on the area the Crew Trainer is employed in.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.