Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking a Hauling Superintendent join the Mining - Open Pit team at the Superpit in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
The purpose the role is to provide strategic and operational leadership to the KCGM Open Pits by efficiently directing and monitoring the Hauling fleet activities in the Fimiston Open Pit to ensure that production targets are achieved in a timely and safe manner within the guidelines of statutory requirements and standards. This residential role is a 5 on 2 off then 4 on 3 off fortnightly day roster.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Improve Safety Performance and Culture: - Lead by example; understand and implement safety systems and KCGM Safety Culture Action Plan; conduct Safety Interactions.
- Execute Business Plan: - Deliver on annual targets with focus on KPI’s; truck utilisation, payloads, tyre life and Operate for Reliability (O4R).
- Optimise performance across departments; set clear context, expectations, standards; monitor and implement processes, policies and procedures; share best practices and coach for improvements; evaluate and measure results on a weekly basis to aid in decision making.
- Learn from past incidents: - ensure incidents are reported and investigated; share lessons learned from incidents (internal and external) and close gaps where appropriate.
- Improve Engagement and Retention: - Recruit for cultural fit and competence; build an inclusive and diverse team; manage unplanned leave through KCGM Absence Management Plan; ensure adequate training and development.
- Minimum of ten (10) years open pits hard rock mining experience, including at least eight (8) years at a senior leadership level within a similarly sized operation or middle management in a smaller sized operation.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose problems and identify potential solutions by strategically thinking.
- Excellent understanding of mining law and industrial relations.
- Experience in performance management of team members enhancing team self esteem using ability to coach, mentor and influence others and ability to build a strong performing team.
- Experience in budgeting, financial analysis, cost management and contract management.
- Current unrestricted Quarry Managers Certificate of Competency.
- Current unencumbered West Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Must reside within the Goldfields region, or be willing to be relocated.
- High level of understanding of mine operations and planning applications and the ability to use integrated management systems, spreadsheet applications, word processing, and presentation programs.
- Formal leadership / management qualifications.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.