Electrician - Assets
KCGM are seeking experienced Electricians to join KCGM in roles based either with our Site Services team or Operations team based at Fimiston Assets.
Electricians working in Operations will be working at our Mineral Processing plant ,performing preventative and ongoing breakdown electrical maintenance to ensure the plant continues to function at optimum gold production levels.
Electricians in our Site Services Team will be carrying out scheduled and breakdown electrical maintenance and installation work, as required for the KCGM sites or Borefields area maintaining safety, and ensuring optimum operating conditions.
- Minimum of two (2) years electrical maintenance experience
- Western Australian A-Grade Electrical Licence and/or endorsed Electrical Fitter/Electrician qualification
- Previous post-trade experience in a Mining Environment
- Intermediate computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office
- Experience in the generation and recording of Work Orders
- Experience in the generation of Job Hazard Assessments (JHA’s) and safety observations
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Driver Licence.
Candidates with Certificate IV in Instrumentation or a demonstrated knowledge of and experience in Telemetry Control Systems will be highly regarded
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Kalgoorlie Boulder has much to offer its community, and KCGM is proud to support the region by being a residential mine site.
Kalgoorlie possesses a variety of excellent schooling options and other family opportunities, as well as many activities to do outside of work.
Apart from being home every night, working for KCGM will also afford you membership to an active and inclusive Social Club and other positive activities that take place in the region.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.