Maintenance Technician - Electrician (Fixed Plant)
An exciting residential opening is now available for an enthusiastic Electrician to join our KCGM Operations. This essential position will see you performing preventative and ongoing breakdown electrical maintenance to the Mineral Processing plant to ensure the plant continues to function at optimum gold production levels. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This position will see you working predominately a Monday to Friday roster of 50 hours per week, promoting work/life balance with 5 weeks annual leave per annum.
- Minimum of two (2) years electrical maintenance experience
- Western Australian A-Grade Electrical Licence and/or endorsed Electrical Fitter/Electrician qualification
- Certificate IV in Instrumentation
- High Voltage and Switching beneficial
- Previous post-trade experience in a Mining Environment
- Intermediate computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office
- Experience in the generation and recording of Work Orders
- Experience in the generation of Job Hazard Assessments (JHA’s) and safety observations
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Driver Licence.
Candidates with Certificate IV in Instrumentation or a demonstrated knowledge of and experience in Telemetry Control Systems will be highly regarded above other potential candidates.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.