Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Reliability Engineer for the Technical Services & Projects Department for the Superpit. This is a residential role on a 5/2:4/3 roster.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
The successful candidate will provide technical support for the Technical Services and Projects department, as well as conducting analytical work which will be used to identify, quantify and implement trials or facilitate activities to improve the overall performance KCGM’s processing plants.
Key accountabilities may include:
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are reported and are followed up correctly to minimize and manage risk and attend investigations where required, ensuring that the Occupational Health and Safety Act is complied with at all times.
- Complete the daily investigation and weekly reporting of downtime events and the diagnosis of root causes, to assist in providing permanent rectification of defects within the plants, and identify key business risks.
- Conduct investigations through the application of a structured process such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), failure mode & effect analysis (FMEA), to develop action plans to increase Mean Time between Failures (MTBF) and reduce Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
- Coordinate plant equipment improvement trials, including technical input, tracking and reporting to ensure alignment of all trial work using the KCGM Management of Change procedure.
- Review criticality analysis to ensure plant events are documented, tracked are prioritized through risk review.
- Identify the plant bottlenecks and facilitate the improvements for reducing unit costs.
- Collaborate with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to identify and adopt technologies and practices that will improve equipment performance and reliability.
- Prepare engineering reports to meet KCGM requirements. In addition, review KCGM engineering specifications and update as required.
- Three (3) years trade experience in the reliability sector - mineral processing environment or similar.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) with relevant equivalent experience.
- Advanced computer literacy, in particular all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite and Visual Basic tools for data analysis.
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to think laterally.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills enabling liaison at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify potential solutions by thinking outside of the box delivering alternative outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Must reside within the Goldfields region.
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months of age
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Familiarity with the Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations
- Familiarity with relevant Australian Standards, and the Cyanide Code
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.