Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking a Plant Metallurgist to join the Processing Department at the Superpit operation in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role on a 9:5 roster.
The main purpose of this position is to provide ongoing metallurgical performance management of the assigned sections of the Fimiston Processing Plant to ensure metallurgical opportunities for process improvements are identified and implemented effectively at both Fimiston and Gidji.
Key accountabilities may include:
- Monitor metallurgical results for assigned sections and make process recommendations to ensure agreed targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide training and technical support to metallurgical, production and maintenance teams to enhance knowledge and optimise plant performance.
- Monitor and report on metallurgical performance on a regular basis to ensure key process information and identified threats and opportunities are communicated to relevant personnel in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Geologists and Mining Engineers to ensure a productive Mine-to-Mill relationship is maintained through active dissemination of information relating to plant performance.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in mineral processing or related industries.
- Experience with Grinding circuits highly regarded.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and utilize process control applications to improve process metallurgy.
- Working knowledge of metallurgical test work flow sheets and procedures.
- Ability to understand and develop plant Piping & Instrumentation Drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to identify potential problems and react in a timely manner with a proven solution.
- Excellent process analysis and technical problem solving skills.
- High level of computer skills, particularly Excel.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven time management, planning and organisational skills.
- A tertiary degree qualification in Chemical Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy or a related discipline.
- Must reside locally in the Goldfields region, or be willing to relocate
- National Police Clearance (valid within last 12 months).
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian "C" Class Drivers Licence.
- Experience in using safety reporting and monitoring systems .
- Experience in using metallurgical accounting systems.
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Nationally Accredited Forklift Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty bonus scheme.
KCGM is a residential mine site and its employees and contractors are proud to be a part of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.