Project Exploration Geologist
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking a Project Exploration Geologist to join the Technical Services & Projects Department at the Superpit and Mt Charlotte Operations in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
Working a residential, family friendly roster (5:2/4:3), the Project Exploration Geologist is responsible for designing and supervising the execution and interpretation of exploration programs and projects that add value to existing resources, locating the next viable ore bodies, and extending the KCGM Life of Mine.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the elimination of injuries in the workplace and the maintenance of KCGM’s “Social License to Operate”.
- Provide leadership through the coaching and mentoring of Exploration Geologists and Exploration Geotechnicians and promote a positive workplace culture that reflects KCGM's Core Values.
- Take accountability for the design of and adherence to Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures for common work tasks undertaken by the Exploration team.
- Design and supervise the execution of drilling programs and other exploration projects. Oversee data quality control and interpretation and provide recommendations for future work programs on the basis of results.
- Supervise contractors, demanding adherence to all relevant environmental, safety and security measures.
- Contribute to geological core logging and the instruction of Exploration Geotechnicians in sample preparation in accordance with current Standard Operation Procedures.
- Liaise as necessary with the contracted assay laboratories to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of assay results.
- Ensure Departmental compliance with statutory acts, regulations and consent conditions.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience as an Exploration Geologist.
- Tertiary qualification in Geology.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Experience with ArcGIS, Vulcan, Leapfrog and ioGAS software or equivalent programs.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Must reside in the Goldfields region.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Mine Geologist.
- Experience in Achaean gold systems.
- Honors or Master’s Degree in Geology.
- Strong commitment to safety and a continuous improvement culture.
- Proactive in tasks that need to be completed with a strong work ethic.
- Able to take direction and learn quickly.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to manage a high workload within an often time restrictive setting.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. The base salary for this position is dependent upon experience, with a range of $102,000-$139,000. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.