Senior Electrical Project Engineer
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Engineer to join the Technical Services & Projects team in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
Our mission within the projects department is to add value to KCGM by executing capital projects safely and professionally. With an exciting pipeline of projects being executed; if successful you will join a high performance team that is committed and passionate.
This role will be responsible for the end to end execution and management of multidisciplinary projects across a team of Project Managers. This translates to auditing and overseeing team projects to ensure they are being managed adequately, with deficiencies resulting in mentoring, teaching and upskilling of personnel.
This residential role is a 5 on 2 off / 4 on 3 off fortnightly day roster, working 9.5 hour days.
Key Accountabilities may include but are not limited to:
- Ensure stakeholder engagement for all projects through effective, proactive and efficient communication.
- Audit, manage and support multiple small (100 TAUD) to large (10 M+) multidisciplinary Capex projects at different project stages simultaneously.
- Ensure that Project Managers track and control scope, schedule and cost to an appropriate level and drive projects to successful completion. If deficiencies are present use other project examples and mentoring to develop team members to the required documentation and control standard.
- Validate cost, schedule and risk; preparing monthly reports detailing project progress against scope,
- Audit and manage project risks through proactive mitigation and capture opportunities. Looking specifically at the controls, verifying where possible and challenging based on experience to ensure risk is acted upon in a practical manor.
- Provide leadership through coaching, mentoring and developmental activities to Project Managers driving a positive workplace culture that reflects KCGM's core values. Specifically supporting project “brand” covering stakeholder/business engagement, communication, transparency and systems excellence.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Project Managers to ensure appropriate project controls procedures, schedules and reporting systems are correctly used on each project.
- Provide assistance to other departments as required in developing project scopes and AFEs.
- Optimise the technical skills across Project Managers, bringing all up to the same high standard. Identifying specific “focus” areas to allow targeted development, mentoring and auditing.
- Check, review and audit technical, engineering, scheduling, planning, procurement and quality control functions for assigned projects.
- Produce status reports, monthly reports and stage gate reviews as necessary.
- Ensure that you or any business partners under your instruction/control comply with all aspects of KCGM’s policies and procedures to ensure personnel undertake work in a safe and effective
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in a similar role within the resources sector.
- A proven track record of delivering high value projects within scope, time and cost requirements.
- Bachelor of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Passionate about safety, teamwork, honesty, integrity and results driven.
- Ability to develop and mentor personnel with demonstrated leadership experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills enabling liaison at all levels of the organisation.
- Proficiency in report writing, Microsoft suite and the ability to work well under pressure.
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months of age.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Driver’s License.
- Must reside locally in the Goldfields region or be willing to relocate.
- Formal Project Management qualification
- Experience in operation of gold processing plants and Open Pit and Underground Operations
- Experience in leading a capital projects group.
- Familiarity with relevant Australian Standards, Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations (MSIR).
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.