Senior Production Engineer
Reporting to the Mt Charlotte Underground Manager, the Senior Production Engineer will manage and direct a team of Production/Drill and Blast Engineers, Ventilation and Services Engineer and Surveyors in all aspects of underground drill and blast required for safe and efficient mine production. Specific focus on ore recovery optimization, continuous improvement in design and monitoring of production.
This role is also focused on the professional and technical development of the production engineers to improve their capabilities and knowledge within the drill and blast function.
- Demonstrated experience in drill and blast and production engineering
- Degree qualified in Mining Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum eight (8) years industry experience
- A strong underground mining background
- Competent in the use of underground mine design software
- Shift Supervisor’s or Mine Manager’s Certificate of competency (beneficial)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present findings to team and management
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must reside locally within the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Kalgoorlie Boulder has much to offer its community, and KCGM is proud to support the region by being a residential mine site.
Kalgoorlie possesses a variety of excellent schooling options and other family opportunities, as well as many activities to do outside of work.
Apart from being home every night, working for KCGM will also afford you membership to an active and inclusive Social Club and other positive activities that take place in the region.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.