Maintenance Technician - Lubrication
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Lubrication Technician for the Processing Department at the Superpit. This is a residential role on a 5/2 roster, working 10 hour days.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
The successful candidate is responsible for carrying out oil sampling and greasing routines, playing a key role in supporting the Production Team on lubrication techniques and Hydro-carbon Management, and supporting the maintenance and reliability of the plant.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake preventative maintenance and daily lubrication maintenance and inspections of allocated plant sections, to ensure the ongoing reliability and efficiency of the plant.
- Analysing lubrication routines and leading improvement opportunities
- Carry out oil sampling and greasing schedules
- Responsible for sending oil samples to the Laboratory for analysis
- Responsible for tracking oil analysis reports
- Maintain lubrication systems in order to ensure plant remains at optimal operation.
- Documenting equipment files, analysing test results, evaluating and forecasting equipment trends and presenting technical recommendations.
- Support the maintenance team on lubrication tasks acting as a specialist in this area and applying best lube practices.
- Support and guide the implementation of Hydro-Carbon Management strategies by implementation of standard practices in the field.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job. This includes spills cleaned up (with oils and other wastes disposed of appropriately), and may also encompass work and associated mess undertaken by other team members as well as yourself.
- Complete daily work orders and add any essential comments, drawing or photographs. If a work order cannot be completed, provide details of variance and return the work order to the shift supervisor or leading hand.
- Coordinate, supervise and update progress of contract staff during plant shutdowns, to ensure contract staff are efficiently utilised and work within KCGM safety procedures and guidelines.
- Experience in a mechanical maintenance or processing environment
- Highrisk Fork Lift licence
- Highrisk Elevate Work Platform licence
- Confined Spaces Certificate
- Working at Heights Certificate
- Basic level of computer skills
- Must reside in the Goldfields region
- A current Western Australian manual “C” class drivers licence, or above.
- MLT/MLA level 1 certification or higher (Machinery Lubrication Technician / Analyst)
- Mechanical Trade Certificate, or similar
- Two (2) years post-trade experience in a mechanical maintenance role.
- Experience with utilising CMMS systems, eg Oracle or SAP.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.