Mine Operations Superintendent
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking a Mine Operations Superintendent to join the Open Pit Mining Department at the Superpit in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
In this role you will manage and provide leadership to the Open Pit Mining Team to ensure that all mine plans and strategic business objectives are executed in a coordinated, cost effective and timely manner. This residential role is a 5 on 2 off then 4 on 3 off fortnightly day roster.
Some Key Accountabilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to all mining teams to ensure the safest and efficient mining operations to achieve production targets.
- Identify risks and opportunities and develop strategies to improve performance, reduce risk and cost
- Monitor and manage the performance of the Mining and Dispatch teams to ensure sound execution on the weekly plan and ability to react to changing conditions.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the Drill and Blast teams to ensure adequate broken stocks are maintained to meet weekly and monthly mining targets
- Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation of actual and planned performance is conducted and a system for improving on those reconciliations is in place and effective
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Superintendent in a large open pit mining operation
- 10+ years supervisory experience in large open pit operations with 2 years working in Drill and Blast
- Unrestricted Quarry Managers Certificate
- Working knowledge of Mines Act and regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of operational budget and cost control
- Exposure to strategic business planning processes including budgeting, capital purchases and cost management
- Strong analytical skills, with a focus on Continuous Improvement
- Experience in performance management of team members enhancing team self-esteem using ability to coach, mentor and influence others, and the ability to build a strong performing team.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Front Line Leadership Qualification
- A Degree in Mining Engineering or Geology
- Strong commitment to safety and a continuous improvement culture
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly developed interpersonal skills enabling liaison at all levels of the organisation
- Highly motivated with ability to successfully negotiate and influence others
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Well-developed analytical skills with proven ability to think and act strategically
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Goldcorp Australia; Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont Goldcorp is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.