Underground Senior Drill & Blast Engineer
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Underground Senior Drill & Blast Engineer to join the Underground Mining team in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This residential 5:2/4:3 role will be responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining efficient and cost effective short to medium term underground mine planning, ensuring that these plans are executed in accordance with established legislation, standards, procedures, technical management plans and guidelines.
Key Accountabilities may include:
- Develop short and medium term plans for the Mount (Mt) Charlotte Underground, to maximize productivity and fully utilize resources.
- Liaise with the Senior Mining Engineer to ensure monthly targets are being achieved through daily and weekly plans.
- Develop drill and blast plans, to ensure stocks are maintained.
- Undertake explosives management to meet legislative requirements.
- Ensure drill consumable and explosive product stocks are maintained for subsequent use by production.
- Develop short-term development plans and work instructions to ensure monthly and weekly targets are achieved.
- Assist in ventilation designs and surveys to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Assist in the tender, review and award of contracts to ensure scopes are accurately defined and contractual agreements are in line with site requirements.
- Analyze Wenco data and provide feedback to the Senior Mining Engineer on equipment productivity for incorporation into plans.
- A minimum of six (6) years hard rock underground mining experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a similar role with exposure to hard rock mining.
- A minimum on one (1) year at a senior level in a similarly sized operation or at a supervisory level within a larger operation, with exposure to leading and coaching a team in safe production in hard rock mining
- Demonstrated ability to develop and review strategic mining plans.
- Working knowledge of Vulcan, Ventsim and Minemax mine planning software.
- Intermediate level ability in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills.
- A tertiary qualification (minimum degree level) in Mine Engineering or a related discipline.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Underground Mine Rescue experience
- First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency or ability to acquire
- Highly developed interpersonal skills enabling liaison at all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated with ability to successfully negotiate and influence others.
- Proven ability to balance a large workload within a time restrictive setting.
- Ability to present to a diverse audience.
- Ability to use initiative and be pro-active in all facets of work.
- Ability to take directives, and ask questions were unsure.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.