Expressions of Interest - Process Technicians
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) would like to open an Expressions of Interest for experienced Process Technicians to join the Processing Department at the Superpit operation in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
KCGM's Process Technicians are on a 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off roster, working 12 hour shifts, and work across both the Gidji and Fimiston sites.
As a Process Technician, you will undertake daily general plant activities in both the Fimiston Mineral Processing Plant and Gidji Operations. This will include monitoring and maintaining assigned operations and equipment within the plants to optimize circuit availability and gold recovery, safely and efficiently.
Key accountabilities include:
- Maintain constant surveillance of assigned work stations to ensure effective and efficient operations of the plant in a safe manner.
- Report all mechanical and electrical problems to the Shift Supervisor and Process Controller to ensure safe operation of the plant and to maintain productivity.
- Conduct clean-up duties where required to ensure plant equipment is functioning properly and safely.
- Perform basic reactive maintenance on plant equipment to ensure productivity is maintained.
- Assist in the review of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure they are reflective of work performed and required.
- Collect and record routine readings and analyse samples within the plant for Quality Assurance Quality Control (QAQC) purposes.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar Process technician or Utilities technician position
- Current Working at Heights and Confined Space tickets within two (2) years of age
- Solid mechanical aptitude
- Metalliferous Mining qualifications or study thereto highly regarded, but not essential
- High Risk Licences (LF, LS, WP) highly regarded, but not essential
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate level of computer skills
- Ability to work in outdoors conditions, completing regular active tasks
- Must reside locally within the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Hold a current Unencumbered West Australian Manual "C" Class Drivers Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.