Boilermaker Supervisor - Mine Maintenance
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Boilermaker Supervisor for the Mining Open Pits Department at the Superpit. This is a residential role on a 5/2:4/3 roster.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
The successful candidate will manage the Boilermaking maintenance across KCGM’s open pit mobile fleet in order to meet equipment availability, reliability and life cycle requirements in a safe, timely, environmentally responsible manner and within budget.
Key accountabilities may include:
- Proactively encourage reporting of all incidents and accidents. Review and monitor all incident and accident reports ensuring investigations and follow up actions are correctly implemented and completed to ensure that the Occupational Health and Safety Act is complied with at all times.
- Offer guidance through coaching and mentoring to members of the Mobile Maintenance Boilermaking team and business partners driving a positive workplace culture that reflects KCGM’s Core Values and the Code of Conduct.
- Provide expert technical information to the Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Department when required in accident or incident investigation.
- Manage the fleet Boilermaker maintenance to deliver agreed safety targets.
- Manage the fleet Boilermaker maintenance to deliver budgeted availability and cost targets.
- Manage the fleet Boilermaker maintenance to ensure agreed KPIs, schedules and work quality are all met and are in the best interests of KCGM. Ensure all variances to the agreed KPIs have plans in place to address them.
- Liaise with maintenance supervisors/ Superintendent on all matters affecting equipment availability, reliability and condition in order to improve communication and education, secure the customers support for the asset management program, and minimize equipment damage in order to maximize the availability and life of the equipment.
- Work with the business partners to identify and complete projects to improve the equipment availability, reliability and cost.
- Coordinate and facilitate new and trial development programs in the department, to ensure an environment of continuous improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and manage the fleet maintenance strategy for the mobile equipment to meet the Life Of Mine
- Oversee equipment re-build programs relating to the mobile fleet to ensure a high quality of work and compliance to the budget and schedule.
- Provide expert technical advice and support for the selection of new machines and equipment to ensure that production targets can be achieved.
- Australian-recognized Boilermaker trade qualification.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ practical experience, including at least three (3) years in a supervisor role.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel and Project, and experience in the use of modern maintenance databases.
- Experience leading teams, including the capacity to motivate, mentor and influence others.
- Experience in budgeting, financial analysis and cost management.
- Experience within a mining or heavy industrial environment.
- Experience in planning and scheduling.
- Must reside within the Goldfields region.
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months of age
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Experience in managing diverse teams.
- Sound product knowledge of similar equipment.
- Formal leadership and / or management training.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Annual Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.