External Relations Officer - 12 Month Fixed Term
We have a 12 month fixed term full time opportunity in our External Relations team, based in Kalgoorlie on site at KCGM. Our External Relations Officer is a key role in internal and external communications and community activities to assist our relationships within KCGM, the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community, important stakeholders and regulatory bodies. The purpose of the role is to achieve communications that continue acceptance of KCGM as a community partner and responsible corporate citizen.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Contribute to the implementation of the Sustainability and External Relations Department’s Strategic Plan ensuring internal and external message direction is aligned with operational and strategic requirements.
- Coordinate external messaging and assist in the implementation of the KCGM’s Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
- Coordinate and contribute to all external KCGM publications, including information sheets, fliers, letter drops and notifications.
- Proactively increase KCGM’s presence in the local media through development of media releases, media tours, and oversee all media monitoring.
- Oversee all external electronic communication including social media and the KCGM website.
- Manage the KCGM Super Pit Lookout, including planned upgrades and ensuring ongoing maintenance is undertaken.
- Respond to and coordinate public and VIP tour requests, including liaising with relevant internal stakeholders as required.
- Oversee the contract with KCGM’s external tour provider, ensuring the contract conditions are upheld.
- Contribute to KCGM’s Community Investment Program by developing effective relationships with community organisations, assisting with sponsorship applications, promoting existing and future partnerships and providing administrative support to the program.
- Contribute to internal publications including The Golden Mile Post, intranet and electronic signage.
- Receive and respond to enquiries from the general public through the Public Interaction Line and KCGM website, and enter all data into the Cintellate system to identify future opportunities for community engagement.
- Contribute to weekly and monthly reports on public enquiries, notable tours and events.
- Contribute to KCGM initiated community events and company involvement in community initiated events, e.g. St Barbara’s Day and Boulder Market Day, to maintain a positive company relationship the local community
- A tertiary qualification in Community/Public Relations, Media, Communications or similar discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a Community or Public Relations role.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy in desktop publishing and office suite.
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months
- Current unencumbered West Australian “C” class Drivers’ License.
- Previous exposure to the mining industry.
- Strong commitment to safety and a continuous improvement culture.
- Willingness to engage self and company with the community.
- Ability to influence and negotiate, at all levels of business and the community.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to interpret information and identify priority areas.
- Motivated, proactive and enthusiastic.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Incentive Compensation Plan.
Kalgoorlie Boulder has much to offer its community, and KCGM is proud to support the region by being a residential mine site.
Kalgoorlie possesses a variety of excellent schooling options and other family opportunities, as well as many activities to do outside of work.
Apart from being home every night, working for KCGM will also afford you membership to an active and inclusive Social Club and other positive activities that take place in the region.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.