Project Manager - East Wall Remediation
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the Technical Services & Projects Department at the Superpit operation in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Goldcorp Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role on a 5:2/4:3 roster.
This position is expected to efficiently and safely manage the study and execution of the East Wall Remediation Project by continually evaluating opportunities to exceed the mining schedule and collaborating with Open Pit Mining Operations and Open Pit Technical staff.
Key accountabilities may involve:
- Assume the role of Investment Manager for the East Wall Remediation Project taking it through Value Assurance Review and the Newmont Goldcorp Investment System.
- Coordinate and liaise with Newmont Goldcorp Regional Supply Chain Management to evaluate, negotiate and implement the East Wall Remediation Mining contract.
- Safe, efficient and timely mobilisation of the Mining Contractor.
- Safe and efficient execution of the East Wall Remediation Project in accordance with WA Mining Regulations, conditions of the Mining Contract, KCGM licences and permits, KCGM standards, procedures and systems.
- Monitor, manage and report on the performance of the Mining Contractor relative to the established mining schedule and budget.
- Continuously and aggressively evaluate opportunities to exceed the mining schedule whilst adhering to established standards and guidelines.
- Ensure timely reporting and investigation of safety and environmental related incidents.
- Maintain strong collaboration with Open Pit Operations and Open Pit Technical Services teams to ensure a smooth and seamless interface between the East Wall Remediation Project and the existing Open Pit operation.
- Work with the Project Manager of the Mining Contractor to establish a safe, effective and high performing workplace culture.
- Ensure that the East Wall Remediation Project is executed in accordance with the Fimiston Open Pit Ground Control Management Plan (GCMP) and Newmont Goldcorp geotechnical standards.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Manager – Technical Services and Projects which at a minimum shows safety performance, performance against schedule and budget and risks and opportunities to timely execution.
- A tertiary qualification (minimum degree level) in Mining Engineering with appropriate Project Management experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years Project Management experience.
- Experience managing large scale and multi-year mining or construction contracts
- Current or the ability to attain an unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class drivers licence.
- Strong commitment to safety and a continuous improvement culture.
- Strong commitment to constant review, evaluation and pursuit of opportunities to exceed the mining schedule
- Able to work collaboratively both within and across departments to achieve successful business outcomes
- Very well developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to coordinate a high workload and meet tight deadlines.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. The base salary for this position is dependent upon experience, with a range of $170,000-$205,000. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Goldcorp Australia; Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont Goldcorp is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.