Underground Miner 1 - Jumbo
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking experienced underground Jumbo operators to join the Mining Underground Department at the Mt Charlotte operation in Kalgoorlie.
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role, working either a 5:2 Dayshift, 4:3 Nightshift roster, on 10 hour shifts; or 7:7 Days and Nightshift roster, working 12 hour shifts.
This position will see you drilling blast holes and installation of ground support for underground tunnelling to ensure underground production targets are attained or exceeded in a safe and effective manner.
Key accountabilities include:
- Operate a variety of mobile and fixed plant equipment including but not limited to, CAT/Elphinstone 2900 and 1700 Loaders, CAT 12G Grader, CAT Integrated Tool carriers, Atlas Copco H1357 Simba Long Hole Drill & M2D/352 Twin Boom Jumbos, and Atlas Copco MT5010 Trucks, in a safe and effective manner to achieve production/development targets outlined in the mining schedule.
- Perform safe and effective charge-up of development headings to achieve development targets in accordance with the mining schedule.
- Establish, maintain and relocate development service crew workings, including but not limited to, ventilation, air and water systems to ensure a safe work environment.
- Undertake development works, including but not limited to, re-entry, watering down, clean up scratching, bolts and mesh and clean up scratching, to ensure a safe underground work environment.
- Provide relief coverage on various mobile plant, as dictated by operational requirements, to ensure ongoing attainment of production targets.
- Minimum five (5) years all-round underground operating experience
- Minimum two (2) years production experience as a Jumbo Operator
- Minimum two (2) years production experience as a Bogger Operator
- Experience in production stope charge up
- Current West Australian Shotfirers' Permit
- Current West Australian Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Hold Tickets for the following underground equipment: Bogger, Jumbo, IT, Grader, Drill, Charge Kettles and Truck
- Must reside in the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate
- National Police Clearance – valid within twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Current WA Underground Shift Supervisor Certificate of Competency highly regarded
- Strong commitment to safety and a continuous improvement culture
- Ability to prioritise a high workload within an often time restrictive setting
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others
- Willingness to follow policies and procedures.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.