Tailings Dam Operator
This role is responsible for ensuring Tailing Dams are operated and maintained in accordance with KCGM’s environmental and safety standards. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with previous tailings experience or some general operating experience wanting to take the next step with their career.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are reported and are followed up correctly to minimize and manage risk and assist with investigations where required, ensuring that the Occupational Health and Safety Act is complied with at all times.
- Control the deposition of tailings in accordance with operating procedures, and meets all specifications
- Maintain tailings freeboard levels to ensure water levels do not exceed specifications limits.
- Complete decanting as required and meet all environmental requirements.
- Complete tailings line decoupling and re-coupling associated with wall lifts to ensure they are maintained to adhere to operational and safety standards.
- Maintain the condition of all roads, ramps and bunding to set safety standards, in the area around the Tailings Dam.
- Minimum of one year working experience in an industrial/labour intensive working environment
- Ability to work autonomously in a predominantly outdoors environment
- High risk Work License highly regarded - Fork Lift, Backhoe, EWP
- Attention to detail and observation skills
- Good practical mechanical ability
- Strong safety ethic
- Basic computer skills
- Must reside within the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian Manual “C” Class Drivers License
- Current Western Australian "HR" drivers license preferred
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Kalgoorlie Boulder has much to offer its community, and KCGM is proud to support the region by being a residential mine site.
Kalgoorlie possesses a variety of excellent schooling options and other family opportunities, as well as many activities to do outside of work.
Apart from being home every night, working for KCGM will also afford you membership to an active and inclusive Social Club and other positive activities that take place in the region.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.