We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the Projects and Engineering team in our Assets Department. The role is based on site at KCGM in Kalgoorlie. If you have a Mechanical Engineering background, strong project management experience in mining we want to hear from you.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Assist in the tender, review and award of contracts to ensure project scope is accurately defined and contractual agreements are in line with site requirements.
- Undertake Project Control Management with the assistance of the Projects Control Officer for all allocated assignments to ensure the attainment of engineering objectives within established Australian and Company Standards and specifications , as well as scheduling constraints.
- Prepare capital expenditure requests, conceptual designs, technical feasibility studies and budget estimations for proposed projects, to ensure project requirements and constraints are accurately reflected.
- Maintain liaison with electrical, integrity or other engineering design teams on site and provide input into projects that often require multiple disciplines of engineering.
- Manage the project workload; to ensure projects are delivered on time and in budget to the KCGM and Australian Standards.
- Upon completion of allocated projects, ensure that handover is completed and that the internal customer has all requirements met and all project documentation is completed.
- Undertake invoice reconciliations and project cost accruals as required to ensure associated project expenditure is accurately accounted for.
- Ensure all KPIs and any weekly/monthly reports are updated as required for the active projects being managed.
- Ensure that all maintenance personnel and contractors comply with all aspects of KCGM’s policies and procedures to ensure personnel undertake work in a safe and effective manner. This includes organising KCGM supervisors for all contracting groups working on or around site.
- Ensure that all relevant mechanical standards are current and reviewed on a regular basis, and approve site mechanical drawings, as required to ensure they meet site and Australian standards.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a similar role within the resources sector
- Proficiency in reading mechanical and civil/structural drawings
- Strong knowledge and skills in report writing and project management
- Advanced computer literacy, in particular all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with excellent presentation skills
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to think laterally
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify potential solutions by thinking outside of the box delivering alternative outcomes
- Must reside, or be willing to relocate to the Goldfields region
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months
- Unencumbered Western Australian "C" class licence.
- Experience in a gold or mineral processing environment
- Experience in pumping and pipeline design
- Post graduate studies in Project Management
- Financial analysis (NPV, IRR, basic accounting, etc)
- Familiarity with relevant Australian Standards, Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations (MSIR), Cyanide Code
- Strong commitment to safety and a continuous improvement culture
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Ability to work independently, within a cross functional team environment
- Ability to manage time effectively, plan and organise in an environment of conflicting priorities where there is a sense of urgency required
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Incentive Compensation Plan.
Kalgoorlie Boulder has much to offer its community, and KCGM is proud to support the region by being a residential mine site.
Kalgoorlie possesses a variety of excellent schooling options and other family opportunities, as well as many activities to do outside of work.
Apart from being home every night, working for KCGM will also afford you membership to an active and inclusive Social Club and other positive activities that take place in the region.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.