Senior Exploration Geologist
The focus of this pivotal position is to actively manage the Exploration Team and programmes, adding value to existing resources, participating in the identification of the next viable ore bodies, and ultimately assist in extending the KCGM life of mine. The role requires a heavy emphasis on the generation of quality exploration targets and effective program designs, and the execution of exploration projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- A minimum of six (6) years working in an exploration geology role
- Experience in drilling contractor management, and the design and management of drilling programs
- Experience managing a small team of professionals
- A tertiary qualification (minimum degree level) in geology or a related discipline
- A high level of computer literacy
- Experience using 3D modelling software (preferably Vulcan and Leapfrog), ArcMap and ioGAS.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organisation
- Must reside in the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Experience in geological mapping, geophysical interpretation, soil and stream sediment sampling.
- Working knowledge of production and resource modelling.
- Experience working as a production geologist.
- Experience in Achaean gold systems.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Kalgoorlie Boulder has much to offer its community, and KCGM is proud to support the region by being a residential mine site.
Kalgoorlie possesses a variety of excellent schooling options and other family opportunities, as well as many activities to do outside of work.
Apart from being home every night, working for KCGM will also afford you membership to an active and inclusive Social Club and other positive activities that take place in the region.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.
**Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.