Underground Miner 3 - Service Crew
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking experienced Service Crew for the Mt Charlotte underground operation in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role on a 5:2 dayshift/4:3 nightshift roster, working 10 hour shifts.
This key position will establish and maintain underground services, as well as provide generic labouring and operating assistance to ensure production targets are achieved safely and efficiently.
Key tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Establish, maintain and relocate underground services, including, but not limited to ventilation, air and water, to ensure the establishment and maintenance of a safe work environment.
- Perform maintenance on underground drainage systems to ensure consistent water flow to designated pump stations.
- Provide coverage for a variety of mobile plant, including, but not limited to CAT/Elphinstone 2900 and 1700 Loaders, CAT Integrated Toolcarriers, Atlas Copco H1357 Simba Long Hole & M2D/352 Twin Boom Jumbos, CAT 12G Grader, and Atlas Copco MT5010 Trucks to ensure production targets are attained safely and efficiently.
- Undertake scaling as required in order to reduce rock fall hazards.
- Minimum five (5) years underground experience, two of which have required Service Crew duties.
- Minimum two (2) years experience operating an Integrated Tool Carrier
- Two (2) years experience operating a Bogger highly regarded
- Valid Integrated Tool Carrier Ticket
- Valid Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Valid Western Australian Shotfirers Ticket
- Unencumbered Western Australian C Class Driver's Licence - Manual
- Must reside within the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Experience operating the Atlas Copco H1357 Simba Long Hole Drill, M2D/352 Twin Boom Jumbos, 12G CAT Grader and MT5010 Trucks.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.