Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking a Maintenance Advisor to join the mechanical team within the Processing Department at the Superpit in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role on a 5:2/4:3 roster, working 9.5 hour shifts, as well as potentially additional hours to support the shut downs.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Maintenance Supervisors in arranging parts and resources as required (Eg, labour, technical documentation, craneage, scaffolding, and special tooling) for break in work.
- Advise Maintenance Scheduler when break-ins cause scheduled work to be deferred, and coordinate rearrangement of schedule with Maintenance Scheduler.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisors by sourcing additional technical information when required to execute work (Eg, drawings, technical data from manuals, safety procedures).
- Convert break in Work Requests to Work Orders.
- Complete and close out Work Orders for Maintenance contractors.
- Be a conduit between tradespeople and Planning and Reliability Engineering teams to expedite the "red-lining" process for correcting and improving documentation.
- Return unused parts to the Warehouse after planned and scheduled work has been completed.
- Comply with all reasonable and lawful instructions that are consistent with your contract of employment.
- Identify and amend issues with parts, drawings and asset BOMs.
- Identify and escalate common failures, rework or rescheduled tasks to supervisors and superintendent.
- Well organised and able to improve on system processes and flows
- Experience with maintenance systems and documentation
- High level of experience with Microsoft office programs, particularly Excel and Projects
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose problems and identify potential solutions by thinking outside of the box to deliver alternative outcomes.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills enabling liaison at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in maintaining data integrity in the CMMS.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Oracle or similar experience (Pronto, SAP etc)
- Nationally accredited Forklift ticket
- Experience with maintenance systems and an understanding of how they work
- Engineering/Reliability qualification and/or Trade qualification highly regarded, but not essential
- Exposure to supporting Trades in a similar environment
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.