Expressions of Interest - Geotechnicians
If you are interested in joining the Mining Technical Services Team in the position of Geotechnician in the future, register for this EOI pool.
This technical support role involves working as part of a team to collect and process geological samples from the Fimiston Open Pit to ensure the provision of timely and accurate data for analysis by the KCGM Geologists.
This role is suitable for someone with a relatively small amount of mining experience with good analytical skills who is looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and contribute to a team who play a unique and crucial part of production in the Superpit.
Geotechnician roles will typically be offered on a Fixed Term contract-basis.
- Preferably, two (2) years’ experience working in Geotechnical or Geology support roles within Open Pit operations
- Higher Education in progress towards a Mining Engineering, Surveying, Metallurgy, Geology highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills across a diverse group of people
- Excellent Computer literacy required, Vulcan Software Skills extremely beneficial
- Must reside locally in the Goldfields, or be willing to relocate
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Manual Drivers Licence.
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
KCGM is a residential mine site and its employees and contractors are proud to be a part of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community.
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.
** This is an EOI Talent Pool. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted once a position arises in the Geo Team.