Underground Loader - Bogger - Mt Charlotte
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking experienced underground bogger operator to join the Mining Mt Charlotte Department at the Superpit operation in Kalgoorlie..
KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation.
This is a residential role based on a 5:2 Dayshift, 4:3 Nightshift roster, working 10 hour shifts.
This residential position will see you operating load and haul vehicles of the underground production fleet in a safe and efficient manner and assisting with other underground work where required and qualified to ensure targets outlined in the underground mining schedule are achieved.
Key accountabilities include:
- Operate Caterpillar 2900 and 1700 boggers in a safe and effective manner in a variety of settings, including stope draw points, development headings and stockpiles to achieve production and development targets outlined in the underground mining schedule.
- Load and fire blast holes in accordance with the production plan in order for Production personnel to commence scheduled tasks on time and in ongoing shifts.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and standard operating procedures in relation to designing, charging and firing of underground blasts.
- Establish, maintain and relocate underground services, including, but not limited to ventilation, air and water, to ensure the establishment and maintenance of a safe work environment.
- Provide coverage for a variety of mobile plant, including, but not limited to CAT/Elphinstone 2900 and 1700 Loaders, CAT Integrated Toolcarriers, Atlas Copco H1357 Simba Long Hole & M2D/352 Twin Boom Jumbos, CAT 12G Grader, and Atlas Copco MT5010 Trucks to ensure production targets are attained safely and efficiently.
- Maintain and develop underground roads to ensure road surfaces are suitable for operation of light vehicles and mobile plant.
- Assist with the safe and effective charge-up of stope and development headings; and re-entry activities when required to ensure underground mining schedule is adhered to.
- Provide relief coverage on various mobile plant or service crew, as dictated by operational requirements, to ensure ongoing attainment of production targets.
- Minimum two (2) years experience operating Boggers - bogging development headings and clean ups
- Additional demonstrated experience with Charge Up, Service Crew duties and other underground roles
- Demonstrated ability in assessing road conditions and performing necessary maintenance
- Ability to distinguish between rock material types
- Ability to efficiently operate a variety of mobile plant equipment in various settings
- Sound leadership, training and coaching skills
- Current Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Current tickets of competency for underground machinery and equipment; Bogger, Integrated Tool Carrier, and Truck
- WA Shotfirers Certificate
- Strong safety focus and excellent work ethic
- Must reside locally within the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate
- National Police Clearance (valid within the last 12 months)
- Current unencumbered Western Australian "MR" or above Class Drivers Licence.
- Western Australian Underground Supervisors Certificate of competency highly regarded
- Operational ticket for Grader
- Operational ticket for Twin Boom Jumbos or Simba Long Hole Drills
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Australia; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.